Unfortunately, too many people put off their estate planning. Procrastination can have many negative effects. Some people put of their planning because they assume there will always be time to do it later, while others have fears.
Take a look at some of the fears below. If you have any questions about the estate planning process, or if youre ready to start your planning, meet with an estate planning attorney.
- Fear of death. Many people dont want to think about death, illness, or disability. Sadly, these are all things that are a part of life. Taking the time to plan for these scenarios will allow you to have control in your future and have your wishes carried out.
- Fear of attorneys. Some people have their own ideas of how an attorney will act. Its important to trust your estate planning attorney. He or she has focuses on this particular area of law and has a lot of knowledge that can be extremely important to your individual estate plan. Get to know your attorney so that you feel comfortable discussing some of your post personal matters. Your attorney will help you feel more at ease with your planning discussions.
- Fear about the costs. Many people assume that they will not be able to afford estate planning. Its important to think of the estate planning process as an investment for your future. If you dont spend the money now, you could end up spending much more money later. Without proper planning, your family may have to spend a lot of money on lawyer fees, court costs, and estate taxes.
Dont put off your estate planning! Talk to an estate planning attorney about your estate planning fears so that you can feel more comfortable and start the planning process.
Latest posts by Dennis D. Duffy (see all)
- Attorneys Want to Help - December 14, 2016
- Trusts and the Estate Tax - December 14, 2016
- What Is a Third Party Special Needs Trust? - December 14, 2016