When handling special needs planning for your child, you will be forced to make many difficult decisions about your childs future. You need to make sure that all aspects of your childs care are taken into consideration. This will allow him or her to live a better life. With the use of a letter of intent, you can leave extra care instruction, so that all of his or her needs are met. Take a look at the information below, to learn more.
Consider including the following in your letter of intent
With the use of a letter of intent, you can provide as much as instruction as youd like. This gives you full control, so that youre able to provide the tools and information needed so that your child can have a great future. Consider including the following in your letter of intent.
- A list of family members and friends who know your child well, as well as emergency contact information
- Information related to your childs medical needs, including medication needs, and medical professional contact information
- Information on your childs specific needs, including everyday activities and daily routines
- Your childs interests, personality traits, dislikes, and other information that relates to his or her preferences
- Your values, beliefs, and wishes for your child, as well as information on how you wish he or she should be raised
- Your childs future goals and wishes for education and employment
With a letter of intent, you can best ensure that all of your childs needs are met. You can also help your childs guardian provide the best care possible. If you have yet to create a letter of intent, speak with your estate planning attorney about this planning tool.